Skip to main content

confusion

I feel like the world is simply giving up on bettering itself. I want to see things get better but I also am intelligent enough to realize that things are going to get worse before they get better.

I had lunch with a great Christian friend today who's views on society are very similar to mine. We look at life from a very similar background and I feel like we are meant to be good friends. Family is important for both of us.

We were talking about life after college and the prospect is scary because of how unstable the world is and we don't know what will be there for us when we finally do decide what we want to do with our lives. Shouldn't someone be teaching our generation how it is that we are supposed to be making these decisions? I feel like no one ever taught me the proper way to go about making an important life decision. My family and church members have always told me to pray to God about it but when do i know what answer he is giving me? Because I'm pretty good at fooling myself into thinking that what I want is probably what is best for me or what God wants me to be doing. This is not the correct way to make a decision because I've already made a few decisions like that and the results are not the results that I desired to find.

I think someone should teach a class on how to properly make a Christian decision and how to recognize some of the signs that God is the support for that decision. maybe that should be a lesson that should be taught at our church camp some day. I want to be able to be helpful to those teens and young people who come to the camp that I will run and I think this is one way that will definitely work out.

Girls: someone should teach us the basics to being a lady...not necessarily like catilian style but someone should teach basic manners classes and classes that help women realize how to be a successful woman in the world today.

Ah that's enough of my rambling... just a few ideas to think about

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sickness--You shall die a mean and awful death

Okay I'm still sick and this is not cool. I'm skipping class this afternoon and Sam is coming to get me. Then I have to remember to go to Walmart and get some medication. Oh the joys of being sick. i need to get better. Well going to the Western game probably didn't help, or the making deliveries in the 20 below weather of this morning--okay clearly it was not 20 below--it was closer to like 40ish. Still feels cold after the 80 degree days of less than two weeks ago.

Sigh*

My pastor is not doing well. It's been a while since we found out that he had cancer but he is not gone yet and I am simply irritated by everyone who has let go of him already. I just had an epiphany that maybe I'm supposed to be letting go as well so that God can do his work or so that God can take him home. I don't really feel bad that pastor Jim is dying because he has been in so much pain lately that I just want to see his suffering ended. I'm angry at myself for not feeling bad and not crying. I didn't even cry when I lost grandpa a couple weeks ago. part of me wonders if it's because i don't feel anything. Just wondering, which is something I do a lot of lately. Needed to get this out of my system so I can focus on other things right now. More pressing things, maybe not more important.
So I'm not going to the thing for His House tonight because Sam came with me to Mt P. she's been chillin while I've been doing homework and the like. My stomach hurts really bad today but everything else is going pretty well so I'm okay with it. I think I might need to eat again so the pain goes away.